Saturday, December 30, 2006

First Christmas!

e left December 21 for the drive to my mom’s in Georgia. It was about a 5 hour drive and Tanner was a real trooper. About the last 30 minutes he had had it with the truck and car seat. I cannot say I blame him!

We got to my mom’s about 2 pm EST on Thursday and proceeded to unload a seriously packed truck! We had brought Tanner’s co-sleeper and swing in addition to presents and luggage! Tannner and I slept in the guest room on the first floor, so I would not have to navigate two flights of stairs in the middle of the night for feedings.

The rest of Thursday we just relaxed, and my friend Sarah came over to visit. We had dinner and were all in bed by 10 pm.

Friday my mom and I left Tanner with his daddy and we went shopping. Saturday was the big visit day! Mom and I left about 10 am and went to visit The MacKenzie’s, The Merritt’s, the Phillips’ and then went to Cherry’s house and Sherry came over. We had a nice visit there and ate lunch. Then it was off to see SANTA!!!

We had a private visit with Santa, as he is our old next door neighbor! By this time it was 2:30 and Tanner was getting a bit tired of getting in and out of the car, be handled, etc.

We headed back to mom’s and put Tanner down for a nap.

Christmas Eve we hung around the house. Tanner hung around in Mame’s arms! Christmas Day Tanner slept through the opening of presents, but he got some GREAT things! We had a nice turkey dinner that night and also loaded the car.

We left mom’s early Tuesday morning and came home!

No comments:

Post a Comment